Dota 6.62 has just released together with Warcraft Patch 1.24b The new Allstars Dota 6.62 map doesn’t have new content and only contains technology updates to compliance Dota with the brand new Warcraft 1.24b TFT Patch. And this patch is also include the increase of map size limit on its notes, which is not included yet on Warcraft 1.24 Patch changelogs.
Hopefully, this is the last time Blizzard make massive changes on the custom map code. So, we don’t have to wait several months just for compatibility issue. And here is the complete changelogs:
Well, let’s check the Dota 6.62 map and Patch 1.24b
DotA Allstars 6.62 Changelogs
* Full map rewrite to the new 1.24 code architecture
Patch 1.24b Warcraft Changelogs
PC World Editor Changes :
– Increased max map file size from 4 MB to 8 MB.
– Added the ability to store hashtable handles in a hashtable.
– Added GetSpellTargetX and GetSpellTargetY natives.
– Added a new base handle type “Agent” of which many types now extend from.
– Added a SaveAgentHandle native which can be used for saving most handle types.
– Added a JASS optimization dealing with global variable change events.
– Fixed a few false positives caused by the “return bug” fix.
– Fixed a crash related to hashtable reference counting.
– “Shadowing” global variables with local variables no longer is possible.
– Fixed a type conversion dealing with operators (i.e. adding a handle with an integer).
Here is some explanation from the IceFrog Blog:
This update is a technology update only. While it has no new content, it is a required step that we have to take because it is not possible to update maps on Warcraft 3 after 1.24 patch due to the new code architecture.
I’ve rewritten most of DotA over the past 1-2 months to the new code base. If everything goes smoothly, this will enable updating to occur normally once again. Because of the amount of new code in this patch, I recommend that tournaments wait at least a few days before adopting this version. Thanks to everyone that participated in testing the new code.
If you already upgraded into Patch 1.24b, enjoy the Dota 6.62! If you haven’t upgrade, connect to Battle.net server now. If you cannot connect into Battle.Net, you can check the Update 1.24b Patch Offline download below and download the patch manually. Enjoy the new patch!
If the Warcraft 1.24b Patch give some problems when you failed to update using the Blizzard Offline Patch or they have great replay on different version. You can use Warcraft Version Switcher 1.24b to switch between versions
Incoming search terms for the article:
- dota new patch
- dota allstars patch
- dota patch
- dota latest patch
- dota update
- update dota
- new patch dota
- new dota patch
- dota patch 1 24b
- dota allstar patch