Dota Allstars OMG map is the map based on one of latest DotA Allstars map, with one big change : heroes allowed to have any ability.
There are two ways to change hero’s skill set — random or pick. Every of them can be activated using it own mode, which must be writen with other game modes.
1. Random abilities
When any hero appears in game (was picked or randomed) it gains 3 random standart abilities and 1 random ultimate. They are random from pool of avaible abilities and go throught some checks (details below).
– can be activated by typing -ra with other game modes; more interesting and fun games are with -ardm mode, so blue player must type -ardmra like gamemode
– compatible with every game mode, except -ad
2. Abilities Draft
Every player can choose 3 standart abilities and 1 ultimate for his hero. Picking goes in a draft style. Abilities can be bought in taverns, which are filled with 66 standart abilities and 22 ultimates randomed from pool of avaible abilities.
There are tips for every ability in tavern, which contain its name, main hero (which have this ability in normal game), hotkey, some properties and list of unstackable abilities. Also there is a clever checking system which prevents your hero from learning unstackable abilities and some other bugs.
1. Every player must pick/get a hero. This heroes will be on pause. If someone leaves without hero, anyone must type -recheck to refresh game info about players. Draft will start when every player gets a hero.
2. When game says about draft start, 8 of 9 taverns will be filled with 66 standart abilities and 22 ultimates. Every player has 60 seconds to learn the assortment of abilities.
3. Draft starts after this time. It goes in 3 phases:
– 1st phase: blue/pink/orange/brown player starts, every player can learn 2 standart skills or 1 ultimate on his turn
– 2nd phase: brown/orange/pink/blue player starts, every player can learn 1 standart skills or 1 ultimate on his turn
– 3rd phase: blue/pink/orange/brown player starts, every player can learn up to 2 standart skills or 1 ultimate on his turn
Every phase goes in well-known 1-2-2-2-2-1 draft order. Every player has 15 seconds for every turn.
If you didn’t learn something, you will get money to learn it after all 3 phases.
4. When your hero learns 3 standart skills and 1 ultimate, it will be unpaused and you’ll get back your gold status before draft.
After draft ends creeps will go in 1 minute.
Warning! Sometimes you can get a bug with shops, so you can’t buy anything. Your hero must get out from buying range and then get back to shops. Please, be patient to this bug. Sorry for it.
– can be activated by typing -ad with other game modes
– uncompatible with -ra, -rd, -cd and -dm modes
There a special game mode Duplicate Abilities (can be activated by typing -da), which allows for players to pick same abilities.
-skills — shows current abilities of your hero with some numbers, which is useful when you found a bug
-banbloodstone (-banbs)(only blue player) — after a lot of games on -ra players start to annoying, when someone creates a Bloodstone, because of it’s imbaness in this mode and game becomes boring, so this command makes Bloodstone useless, because it gives 4x negative regeneration from every charge.
-recheck (only in -ad) — refreshes game info about players
-showprocess (only in -ad)(only blue player) — shows picking abilities process to everyone (who and what picked)
Many abilities in DotA are based on same abilities from Warcraft, and they have same orders. If 1 hero gets 2 abilities with same orders then they will be used at one moment or will work only 1 of them. Because of this, when game or player chooses ability, it goes throught special checking for compatible of abilities, that already hero has.
Some abilities can be used only on melee or ranged attack, so abilities goes throught hero attack type checking. Also, some abilities takes 2 or more active icons after learning, and if there is no more place, some abilities may disappear. To prevent it, there is a checking of this.
Totally: your hero will never get uncompatible abilities, will never get abilities for melee(ranged) attack, if it is ranged(melee), also you will never lose your skills.
This mode might eventually be part of the map, but it is not as simple as everyone thinks to add to a map that is always being developed because of lots of extra things that have to be done. It is easier for me to just add it after a map is published, like with the AI maps. So I will just update this one in meantime.
Thanks to ~BoB~ for creating this great Omg mode map, Hope we can see more maps like this in future 🙂
Incoming search terms for the article:
- dota omg modes
- dota omg mode
- dota omg commands
- mode dota omg
- omg commands
- dota omg tips
- dota omg command
- dota omg mode commands
- OMG MODES
- dota omg game modes