Already downloaded full game but have problems with diablo 3 installer downloader stuck at 1%, 41% or 100% ?
read some fix solution below that work for some players
ERROR: the file “H:\Games\Diablo III\DIABLOIII.temp\Data_D3.temp\PC.temp\
MPQs.temp\ClientData.mpq.temp” could not be opened.
ERROR: Download smaller than expected
Unexpected Encryption Error:
If the downloader is closed too early, you may encounter an error when you run the setup file. You must allow the downloader to close automatically before running the setup, if you experience this error or an error asking you to insert a disc, please run the downloader again and allow it to close itself. Please note that this process may take some time to complete.
how to fix diablo 3 installer stuck – thx to Acornbread
Hey folks, in my case the game was activated without a hitch and the setup files updated normally but when the installation began it simply ceased to do anything and sat at 1%, no disc drive or CPU activity. 6 hours later, after scouring these forums and trying many different things, the following combination of steps finally worked for me:
1) Disabled Windows firewall (not router’s)
2) Copied DVD contents into a folder on desktop
3) Downloaded the latest version of the game client installer and put it into said folder
4) Ran the updated ‘Diablo-III-Setup-enUS’ as administrator
Try this for Windows 7:
Open the disc in file explorer, right click the “Diablo III Setup” file and click run as administrator.
Install as normal.
Running from autoplay caused the 1% lock, but running the setup as admin took care of this issue for me.
Hope this works for you all.
WINDOWS XP AND HIGHER ONLY.
* go to your task manager (ctrl+alt+del, or rightclick on the taskbar)
* find “agent.exe” and “blizzard launcher.exe”
* rightclick > priority > high (NOT REALTIME!) (yes, this is your cpu priority)
went from being stuck around 5% for a hour to well over 60% when I was first typing this message. the difference is insane.
how to fix diablo 3 downloader – thx to Synergize :
For those who have the problem with the downloader shutting down I have a fix. This might also apply to other people who have problems with the downloader.
– When you download the downloader, the region says EU. Change this to English (US) and click save.
– Download the US downloader and and you get the Diablo III Setup.
– Run it and it should complete in one time. (Did for me and my friends)
Now when you have it installed, go to options and change the region from The Americas to Europe.
Now log in and have fun.
how to fix diablo 3 setup stuck – thx to DDukBokki :
i found the solution and the only way is to erase all traces of the setup and then re launch the file.
– go to run and type %temp% and then delete everything in there and if there is something that it doesnt let you delete it? then just skip.
– go to run again and type %programdata% and look for a file named “battle.net” and delete a file found in the “blizzard entertainment” folder named “cache”.
– go check the program files if “Diablo III beta” folder has been created if yes delete.
– go to the setup file you downloaded and right-click and go to properties and on general tab on the way botttom u see “unblock” press it. apply and OK. right-click and run as admin.
– once the setup is up and it gets stuck around 60% go to taskmanager and find agent.exe and end process.
hopefully it works on the first go around
diablo 3 downloader stuck fix – thx to Dcdarkling
Here is what worked for me and my brother.
1 – Copy all your files from the DVD to somewhere on your pc.
2 – Put all these files into a folder called ‘Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer’
3 – Now log into your battlenet account and download a game installer, which should be called Diablo-III-Setup-enGB.exe
4 – Put this installer into the folder mentioned 2 step.
5 – Go to that folder and run the Diablo-III-Setup-enGB.
6 – Choose the destination folder where you put the folder mentioned in step 2.
7 – Installer should then check all files very fast, and offer you to install the game.
8 – Choose any destination to where you want to install the game.
9 – Wait and play the game.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- diablo 3 installer stuck
- diablo 3 downloader stuck
- diablo 3 setup stuck
- diablo 3 install stuck
- diablo 3 checking for updates stuck
- diablo 3 setup stuck at checking for updates
- diablo 3 dvd setup freezes
- diablo installer stuck
- diablo 3 download stuck
- diablo 3 install 1%