Having problem with Google Play Error retrieving information from server [RPC:S-5:AEC-0] ? i just got that problem yesterday and thank goodness there’s a solution how to fix google play [RPC:S-5:AEC-0] error 🙂
this error will cause you won’t be able to do any update / download from play.google.com/store
you might have similar problem with ‘RPC server error’ OR ‘unexpected error has occurred please try later’
so here’s the guide how to fix the google play store error :
I then went to the Play Store > [MENU] Accounts and selected the new account I had added, followed by switching back to the previous account. This resolved the issue for me.
Many people said to try clear cache for google play, but simply clearing the cache and data did not help me. However, removing my google account and re-adding it worked.
if you want to try to clear your cache :
1. Go to “Settings”
2. Choose “Applications”
3. Choose “Manage Applications”
4. Select “All”
5. Scroll to and click “Google Play Store”
6. Tap “Force Stop”, tap “OK”, tap “Clear data”, and tap “OK”.
7. Tap the Back button to get back to the applications list.
8. Scroll to and tap “Google Service Framework”
9. Tap “Force Stop”, tap “OK”, tap “Clear data”, and tap “OK”.
10. Now reboot (switch on & off) your device.
other people suggest to change the network mode :
settings > more settings > mobile networks > network mode and changed the preferred mode from CDMA / LTE / EVDO to CDMA
This required a reboot which then worked
if these steps still don’t work, then i’m sure the error is from google and you must wait until they fix it 😐
Incoming search terms for the article:
- error retrieving information from server
- error retrieving information from server rpc s-5 aec-0
- error retrieving information from server rpc
- error retrieving information from server rpc s-7 aec-0
- error while retrieving information from server rpc s-5 aec-0
- error retrieving information from server [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]