How To Fix Civilization V Crashes ! there’re still many error about incompatibilities directx for civilization 5
here’s the civilization 5 error that i got :
Microsoft Visual C++ runtime Library
Runtime Error !
Program D:\GAME\civil 5\CivilizationV_DX11.exe
This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unsual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information.
Civilization 5 Crashes
To fix this make sure your installation of DirectX and Visual C++ runtime libraries are up to date.
1. Go to C:\Program files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\sid meier’s civilization v\
2. Run \Steamapps\Common\sid meier’s civilization v\VCRedist\vcredist_x86.exe to update VC++ libraries
3. Run \Steamapps\Common\sid meier’s civilization v\DirectX\DXSetup.exe to update DirectX
Civilization 5 can work with all direct versions from DirectX 9 to DirectX11, however your graphics card needs to support the DirectX. Your windows will also need to be able to run the DirectX version.
Windows XP supports 9
Windows Vista supports 9 and 10
Windows 7 supports all.
If your Windows is compatible the problem is with your graphics card. Just switch to an older DirectX if this is the case.
And if the problem was happened when you try civilization V Full Screen, you must play it in window mode.. here’s how to fix civilization 5 crash
1. Edit GraphicsSettingsDX9 (or 10 or 11, depending on what you set up your game to use!) using your text editor (usually wordpad or notepad)
2. Find fullscreen, change it to 0
3. Go to the Cache folder and delete all *.db files inside
4. The game should now start in windowed mode
credit to civilization V forum thread
Incoming search terms for the article:
- civilization 5 runtime error
- civilization v runtime error
- civ 5 runtime error
- civ v runtime error
- runtime error civilization v
- civilization 5 runtime error C
- civilization 5 c runtime error
- runtime error civilization 5
- civ 5 runtime error fix
- runtime error civ 5